What's new

Denon AVR 5803A (1 Viewer)

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Happy New Year!!

Well, I knew something was coming soon. I read at another forum, that stated that a Denon rep said that the Denon AVR 5804 would be available in March. There still is no official word on the 5804. So, I went to Crutchfield's site and found that the 5803 is no longer listed. So, then a made a call to Crutchfield to see if I could find out something. The rep told me that he could neither 'confirm' or 'deny' what was coming. However, I went to the site on Jan. 1, and find out that there is a Denon 5803A coming in a couple of weeks. But, looking at the specs, I find that it is not really different than the 5803 with the exception of DPL 2x, and maybe a couple of minor things. So, maybe there will be some significant changes coming soon. Maybe there will be a Denon AVR 5804 coming soon. We'll just have to wait and see what anouncements will be made at the CES next week.

RF

Alex Yang

Stunt Coordinator
Hi All,

Unless things have changed in the last three weeks since my last "conversation" with DENON HQ. There is no significant new FLAGSHIP receiver from DENON in the "near" future. Yes, there will be an UPDATED AVR-5803 (5803A or 5804???) but my source explained to me that the two "significant" changes on the "new" receiver should be:

DPL2x
&
Denon Link III (maybe pending SONY/SACD Denon link digital pass through)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... :)

Hope you all are having a healthy and happy new year!

-Alex

PS. Both of these upgrades will be available for 5803 owners as well...

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
In light of the RXZ9, I would think that if those are the only two additions to the 5803 then Yamaha's new flagship will spank 'em pretty rightously.....This is what I've heard from Denon Reps though; it's a shame really......

....Robert, I have some friends in your area who deal Yammie if you want to PM me......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks