What's new

Denon AVR-5803,, any one have it? Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

tonyGar

Agent
I am looking at getting a Denon AVR-5803 for around $2K.... is it worth it?

Anyone have this model? Is it still good? Heard everything was good except the remote?

Feedback please!

Tonygar

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
The Denon AVR-5803 is an exceptional piece of hardware, one that has yet to be beaten in terms of sound quality, atleast as far as A/V Recievers are concerned. Although the AVR-5803 may not have all the latest technologies, eg. Firewire, HDMI, Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Headphone, Upscaling etc. it is still the one of the best, if not the best, sounding A/V reciever there is. So, unless the missing new technologies are and issue for you I would say most definately go in for the AVR-5803. You will not be dissapointed.

PS: The remote included with the AVR-5803 does leave a lot to be desired, but since I personally have only used my Philips Pronto from the very begining, I can't comment too much on it.

Doug_

Stunt Coordinator
I used to own a Denon 5800. The stereo performance was pretty good, but it didn't do anything for me when it came to movies. You may want to look into entry level separates for close to the same price. In my opinion, you will get better performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks