Denon AVR-4802 Problem Programming Remote

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DaveDel, Sep 7, 2002.

1. DaveDel

DaveDel Auditioning

I recently purchased a 4802. I'm trying to customize the RC-8000 remote that come with it and I'm having a problem I need help with.

Has anyone out there successfully been able to do this? I purchased a USB cable and downloaded the Denon supplied software but can't get my PC to recognize that the remote is connected to my PC. Until I can get it to do that I can't access the programming currently on the remote. The PC can see the remote but the Denon software says it's not connect when I initial the setup program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dave_Dunk

Dave_Dunk Auditioning

Are you using XP?

I notice that when I hooked my remote up to my pc at work (which uses Windows 2000) it recognised the device fine and I was able to program* it.

My home machine is XP, and while it automatically detects the device when I plug it into the USB port, it can't find a driver to use with it, would suggest to me that the software is not XP compatible.

Dave.

* I'm not sure I would even bother trying the software anyway. Whenever I've tried downloading my new configuation back the remote, it just looses all it's settings and reverts back to the factory defaults. I'm not the only one as well, as I've seen this mentioned on a few web sites.

3. DaveDel

DaveDel Auditioning

I am running XP Professional on my PC. Since I posted the original message I have been able to connect and have programmed my remote. So far it's worked.