What's new

Denon AVR 4802 enough for B&W 805's? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
First of all Im new here. I have been listening in for a few days. I work at soundtrack and I am now interested in some B&W Nautilis 805'S. I just listend to them today. They sound awsome. Should a Denon AVR4802 be enough power for them? Or should I wait and go with a sunfire or krell stack?

David Judah

Screenwriter
Well, with the price you can get the Sunfire or Krell on dealer accomodation(I personally think the Sunfire would be a better match)it would be a no brainer, IMO.

Having said that the 805s are not difficult to drive, so I'm sure the 4802 would have no problem at moderate levels, but if you wated to squeeze a little more out of them, a dedicated amp would be better.

Out of curiosity, you said you worked at Soundtrack, so why aren't you considering some Kef reference bookshelves which you should be able to get cheaper? I'm not trying to talk you out of B&Ws(I have some myself), but you should be able to get quite a discount on the Kef stuff.

DJ

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Well I have listened to the kefs. Ive listened to bostons. Ive listened to Infinities. But the B&W's were the only speakers that acctually Impressed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks