What's new

Denon AVR-3805 remote (1 Viewer)

Tom_Link

Auditioning
I recently purchased a Denon 3805. So far, I'm really impressed. It's quite an upgrade from my AVR-2700 which performed admirably for many years. One issue I'm having however is the remote will not operate my Denon 1600 DVD player. Arrrrrrggghh! One would think that this shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone have any suggestions short of learning the functions from my DVD remote?

GregoriusM

Second Unit
Usually it's easier to just learn the IR codes from your original remote. You KNOW that the original remote works!

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
The learning function on the 3805 remote works really easily Do it out of bright, direct light and keep them about an inch apart and you'll have no problems. If all else fails, e-mail Denon support. I found them to be very responsive and helpful. Hard to believe that the remote codes for the 1600 aren't listed.

Mort

Tom_Link

Auditioning
After further review, the call has been reversed. My bad on this one. I found additional codes for Denon DVD players in the literature. It is now operating my 1600. I must add that the auto EQ feature on this receiver is worth the price of admission. I've always considered my Paradigm Studio 40's to be a little bright. After the auto EQ, the sound is very balanced and accurate to my ears. My system has never sounded better. I highly recommend this receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks