Denon AVR 3805 Multi light

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by jason_l_h, Feb 27, 2005.

1. jason_l_h

jason_l_h Agent

I just replaced my AVR-2500 with the 3805. The 'MULTI' light is always on and I haven't found a way to get it to turn off. I have nothing connected to the Zone 2 or Zone 3 OUT jacks, zone 2 and zone 3 power is off on the status display and both are selected to source. Selecting multi out to source extinguished the multi light on my 2500. Admittedly this doesn't affect operation, but I can't figure out why the light stays on.

2. jason_l_h

jason_l_h Agent

Anyone have a line on this?

3. John S

John S Producer

I know it has gotten on a few times on my 4802, never have figured out what exactly got it to go off. I just kept messing with it.

4. david_shy

david_shy Agent

are you running the receiver as 5.1?

if not, it is telling you that you have set up the system as either 6.1 or 7.1 (you are using one/both of the rear amps)

if you are 5.1 I have no idea! [​IMG]

5. jason_l_h

jason_l_h Agent

Hi David, it is running 5.1. My surrounds speakers are connected to the surround A posts. Nothing is connected to surround B or surround back/multi zone. The only pre-out connected is my sub (at the sub connection).

6. Kenny Li

Kenny Li Agent

I have the same problem. Read on another forum that it does not go off even though the manual says it does. According to the post, it is something misprinted in the manual.

7. Kenny Li

Kenny Li Agent

Actually, I found it on this forum posted by Chuck Kent:
    "Re: your question on the Multi light, the 3803 can be set as a 2nd zone or multi-room source. Or, you change change the Multi light to Rec which will then let you record one source from the tape output jacks and listen to another at the same time. (The manual says the lights Multi or Rec can be turned off. WRONG! One or the other are always lit.)

Finally, yes, Denon continues it's tradition of crappy manuals. Why don't they hire one of us? We certainly couldn't do it worse..."

You can find it here:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=129083

Even though it's for the 3803, I assume it's the same for 3805. Good luck!

8. jason_l_h

jason_l_h Agent

Thanks for the info Kenny. I long ago decided to just live with it. I'm too happy with the performance to let it bother me. Denon does need to get someone else to write their manuals. They've been terribly written as long as I can remember.