What's new

Denon AVR 3805 In Stock at Crutchfield.com (1 Viewer)

Octavio

Stunt Coordinator
Today I found that Denon AVR 3805 is available at Crutchfield.com

I think the wait is over.

Note: I was not allowed to include the link to Crutchfield in this thread.

Octavio

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Yes,
the question being is the NEW sherwood pre/pro can be had for the same price....but if you don't want seperates this looks like a fine piece of equipment.

You have to buy the Microphone seperate.......what a joke ....for that price it should come with it.

Todd^B

Stunt Coordinator
I am new to the idea of seperates. Fill me in on some info:

1. What are the benifits?

2. Do you still have all of the features that a stand alone receiver would have?

Give me an idea of some setups that would work well together.

Thanks

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Not all no.
There isn't a prepro in the same price range that gives you PLIIx, the Room EQ, and the Denon Link. You could probably a rgue that you could deal w/o the Denon Link but the other 2 are quite nice. The Lexicon at $5,000 is the least expensive prepro I can think of with a room EQ.

BenK

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah it is. Especially for $60. I wonder if the mic from the Pioneer Elites would work or any mic with a mini jack?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I believe with Pioneer they come with it.....that is why I said it was a joke for the price it should come with it

My local dealers said april/may before they get it in...

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator

ChadLB-

It's nice that Pioneer includes a mic with their Elite receivers which list for $300 (53TXi) or more over the Denon 3805. But, some might say that Denon doesn't force you to buy the mic if you choose to not use the auto-EQ features.

Or you could look at it from the perspective that, for a minimum of $300 less, Denon gives you 3 100MHz component video-ins capable of 100MHz (instead of 40MHz)and PLIIx rather than PLII, although you must pay $60 list for the mic. Of course, the Pioneers also have features that the Denon lacks. It's all about selecting a feature-set at a price point.

Bob

Don Barduca

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe the Mic for Denon is of a much better quality and as such doesn't pay for Denon to include it free as Pioneer and Yamaha do. I know that both the latter mentioned mics don't look more expensive than $5 a piece. Just speculation though as I haven't seen the new Denon first hand.

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
Don-

I think that may be part of it. I've heard that the Denon unit uses a pretty heavy metal base, for instance. I've also heard that the unit is being built by Audio-Technica but have not been able to confirm that.

I suspect that one reason that they did not include the mic at a higher base cost is that the receiver is ready to ship and the mic is not yet available (to my knowledge). This is in addition to the fact that there are plenty of stories on forums about people loving their Pioneer Elite or Yamaha receiver who choose to set up their systems manually.

Bob

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
So is anyone going to order one from Crutchfield? I'm contemplating it.

Robert Todd

Agent
I live near Crutchfield HQ. They are a class act, with good product knowledge (but will try to avoid giving you THEIR opinion) and excellent customer service. Unfortunately, their prices are list or very close to list
depending on the product.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Robert, Sadly, those of us from Virginia have to pay sales tax if we buy from them. They (Crutchfield) are quite good to work with. However, if having to pay both retail price and sales tax, I would choose a local retailer instead - so I can get "instantly gratified" by purchase. ;)

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Elite replacement mics are $50. I know that they originally shipped with unit. I also read on a forum that you got drastically different MCACC readings using anything but the Pioneer unit. I don't know how or why this would matter, but those that tried it claimed it really did.

Just FYIs,

Dennis

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator

It's understandable that you would get better results if you now the specifications of the mic. Since, mics are so much like speakers in reverse, I think you'd need to have specs very similar to the manufacturer's unit to get even remotely close results.

Bob

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm wondering if there is going to be a significant price differential between the silver and black units; Denon doesn't seem to be delivering many in silver which means the dealer can more readily get list (or at least close to it).

Bob

Bill Will

Screenwriter
www.jandr.com has it listed for $1,200 & $65.00 for the mike but after having many dealings with J&R I'll bet if you fought with them you could get the receiver for under $1,000 & the mike for around their cost? It will be interesting to see what etronics ends up listing it for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks