Denon AVR-3803 output to PC

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JonahWicky, Jan 11, 2004.

1. JonahWicky

JonahWicky Stunt Coordinator

I'd like to connect an output from my Denon AVR-3803 receiver to a Sound Blaster Audigy MP3 sound card in my PC, mainly for the purpose of digitizing my LPs and cassettes. I also would like to record content from my CATV music channels onto the hard drive. The sound card has an anaolg line in. What would be the preferred output from the receiver to use for this? Are there any special considerations or receiver settings to be aware of?

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Jonah: Checkout page 52 of the manual. This is the method I'd recommend because it allows you to tape one thing while watching/listening to something else. It doesn't really matter which output jacks you pick but be aware that the REC out (2nd source) method does not work for digital signals. If you want to tape digital PCM, then you have to pick the source you're listening to. (This is because the 3803's DACs are dedicated to the listening source connection only.)

3. JonahWicky

JonahWicky Stunt Coordinator

So using Zone 2 Preouts would seem to offer the best flexibility options. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

4. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Well, the Zone 2 pre-outs would work but the REC function from any of the tape outs would be my 1st choice. The receiver does either REC out or Zone 2. And they are not the same thing.