What's new

Denon AVR-3803 display question? (1 Viewer)

Paul_III

Agent
My roommate was playing with my receiver the other night (Denon AVR-3803), and did something so that now the display does not stay lit up. When you turn on the receiver, it stays lit for about 15 seconds, and then the display turns itself off. The receiver is still functioning fine, and the display will light up again if you adjust the volume, switch the audio source, etc. but again, it will stay lit for a pre-dertermined amount of time, about 15 seconds I think. I'm just wondering if there is a simple setting I don't know about that my roommate may have accidentally triggered? I'm trying to find my manual now, however I just moved so it may be a while before I find it, which is why I'm asking here...

JeffPhill

Agent
The remote for my 1804 has a button on the second row from the bottom labeled "dimmer". It dims or turns off the display on my receiver. It could be the same for yours.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Also, check to see if he put it into pure direct mode. Is is a rectangular button on the middle left hand side of the remote. This will give you the same thing you're seeing and will also cut off all video out from the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks