What's new

Denon AVR-3802 - No subwoofer activity in DPL II unless center is set to small (1 Viewer)

JohnKings

Stunt Coordinator
I have been playing around with my AVR-3802 and I have determined that I cannot get the sub to do anything in DPL II unless my center channel is set to small. If it is set to large I get nothing. Any idea why? Does anyone else have this problem? If someone could try this and report back: Set all of your speakers to large, put a dvd in and play it in DPL II and see if you get anything out of your sub.

Thanks,

John

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Its a feature, not a bug. Thats how the bass management of some receivers is designed, and its actually kind of logical. By giving the receiver the"large" directive for your mains, you are telling your receiver that the mains are capable of playing the deep bass, so thats where the receiver sends it. There really is no alternative- if it goes to both the mains and the sub, then deep bass will be inappropriately accentuated. If it sends it to the sub instead of the mains, then the reciever has ignored your directive. If you want your sub to play the deep bass, then set mains to small.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
You should have an alternative.

In the setup menu, you can direct bass to mains, or mains AND sub, when set to Large. Try it, and see what you think.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks