What's new

Denon AVR-3802: Anyone have the Gold/Champagne colored version? Where to buy? (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'm waiting on my "black" Denon-3802 and was wondering where to find the gold/champagne colored version, should i decide to go with that model. I like the look of the champagne model - as it would match both my champagne colored DVL-909 LD player and my Panasonic RP-91 DVD player.
The link below is a picture of the champagne Denon AVR-3802:
Link Removed

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i don't think the colored versions are available in the US, sorry. since you're near the Canadien border, i'd go to a dealer up there and inquire. i think Canada does get the color options.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks Thomas
I did some more searching and it appears it may just be a "UK" thing. Denon's Canadian web site doesn't mention or show any models in gold/champagne garb either.
Mike

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks for the confirmation Kieth!
Looks like I'll stick with the "black" model I have on order. Or buy the Sony DA5ES :)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Michael, no problem. Glad to help. With regards to buying the '3802 or 'DA5ES, I read your other thread, and I would not buy the '3802 just to get the extra amps which you are in no position to use right now. It would be worth your while to compare the two receivers soundwise. As for the future, just as you are considering the '3802 because it has extra amps that you may want someday, the 'DA5ES has extra digital inputs that you may want someday. If the 'DA5ES sounds better to your ear, you can always add an external amp down the road when you are in a house. Finally, and I hate to say it, the way in which receiver technology changes so rapidly, I would not buy a receiver because it has features that you may want to use in some 18 to 24 months. By that time, you might find that whatever receiver you buy now is "inadequate" for one reason or another. Thus, you owe it to yourself to buy the receiver that best accommodates your needs now and more importantly, sounds best to your ear for the money. Just my thoughts. Good luck whichever way you go.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Kieth
Very good post - I agree with you 100% - I will go back in an audition both the Sony and the 3802. I don't think I can get my local dealer do even come close to $900-$1000 though. But I don't have to buy there necessarily.
I do like the fact that the Sony has the two digital inputs (for both DVD-A and SACD formats) - but then again - I only own a DVD-Audio player (RP91) and highly doubt I'll ever own both competing formats, at the same time anyway. I barely have the time to listen two my 2 or 3 DVD-Audio discs as it is :frowning:
I will definitely test them out one more time - If I remeber right...both the 3902 and DA5ES are in the same demo room at my dealer - so it should be fairly easy to do so.
Thanks again
Mike

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
And report back once you check both of them out. If they have video hooked up to both, check that out too.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
Gold colored components are hot in Europe.

Silver colored components are the rage in Japan.

Black components are the norm here in the States.

I like the gold personally. More and more components here in the United States are being release in silver or gold or at least as an option.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Yes,it seems that the silver is the high end's "refuge" to distingwish itself among the many black boxes.

I like the silver color too.I think more components should be offered in this color.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Just so everyone is forewarned, the differences between the Gold version and Black version of the Denon AVR3802 run deeper than just the exterior color. First of all the Gold version is 220Volts unlike the Black one which is 110Volts. Also more importantly the Gold version does not have Binding posts for speaker connectors, instead it has the cheap clip type connectors. If I were to choose between the two I'd choose the Black version period. Yes even if I have to use a 220 to 110 voltage convertor to use the Black vbersion outside the US.

Sanjay

Member since 1997

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks