Denon AVR 3200

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by RSK, Aug 15, 2006.

1. RSK

RSK Auditioning

Need some help on channeling music to other rooms from the Denon AVR 3200. I purchased a house in which the prior owner left all the house's sound system behind. It's main component is the Denon AVR 3200. It is hooked up to a 5.1 system in the living room and is also hooked up to dual speakers in several of the other rooms as well as the patio. He has an amp and the room speaker selector hooked up and the volume controls in each of the rooms. I have got it working fine in the living room, but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the music channeled into the other rooms. The receiver does not have any A/B speaker switch that I can see. Everything looks like it is hooked up correctly - just can't tell what to push on the receiver or the remote to channel the music to the other rooms. Any help with be great - as I'd love to listen to the system outside.

thanks

2. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

It may have a Zone 2 button button somewhere on the remote or the unit itself. Activating that will allow you to listen to a seperate program in another room.

Check the connections to see how it is set-up.

Seth=L

3. RSK

RSK Auditioning

Unfortunately nothing that obvious is on the remote.

4. Graham Perks

Graham Perks Second Unit

The AVR3200 doesn't have multi-room ability. It does have dual binding posts, meant to run double cables to a single set of speakers, so you *could* run them to separate sets of speakers. I don't know how that would affect impedance etc, best thing to do is try.

I have an AVR3200; it's a great unit.

5. Jay*Man

Jay*Man Auditioning

I also have a 3200, but was never able to get that function to work correctly... before I moved, I used to have a second receiver connected to tape out so that I would have sound on the deck... I just checked the OM and it doesn't have any info in there about a zone 2... It does have something about using REC OUT to record a source other than the current playing. you might could try that, but there are several notes:
    -Only the currently playing source can be recorded on the tape deck (maybe try VCR1 or VCR2/Aux)
    -Digital Input signals cannot be recorded, use the analog.
    (pg 28 if you have the OM)

now I know why I never tried to set it up that way...