What's new

Denon AVR-3200 Video switching problems (1 Viewer)

Mauricio_BR

Agent
Hello all,

I just bought a denon AVR-3200 for a second HT space ans I´m having some difficulties with the video switching.

I don´t have any image on the monitor outputs, neither video or S-video. I can´t access the on-screen menu and I can´t output dvd or vcr image.

Is there any catch to set this up ? I´ve read somewhere Denon has some strange ways of doing stuff, so I´m kind of worried.

I´ve already reset the microchip (as it call it).

Any ideas or suggestions ?????

PLEASE ????????

Tks

Mauricio_BR

Agent
Is it possible that the video board might have "loosen up" a little bit on its slot ?

Is it possible to setup the receiver without usig the onscreen menus ?

Tks

Mauricio

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Mauricio: Yes, it's very possible that the unit was damaged during shipping. If that's the case, you'll either have to get it fixed or return it.

If it was not damaged, then you need to double check all of your video connections. I believe that if you are using the S-Video connections for a component, you will not be able to get anything through the composite video monitor output for the same component. In other words, the 3200 cannot convert one video format to another.

To my knowledge, you need the on-screen menu to be able to set your unit up.

Good luck!

Mauricio_BR

Agent
Tks Kent.

I was afraid of that. I double checked the entire receiver and all the audio functions are 100% OK, but there´s no video output whatsoever. I´ve already filed a complaint at the local P.O.

I don´t think i can return it, because I bought from a person in another state and the shipping costs alone are up to 12% the receiver value. I just found a Denon Tech center near home and I´ll just wait for the P.O. to answer my complaint.

Thank you anyway.

Mauricio

Jeff Kleinberg

Stunt Coordinator
What components are hooked up, what connections are going to your tv, be specific. does the osd come up on the front of the reciever or not at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks