What's new

Denon AVR-2803 Vs HK AVR 303 (1 Viewer)

Brian.S

Auditioning
I am considering purchising one of these 2 recievers in a couple months and I was wondering which one people prefer around here. At 1st glance the Denon seems to have the edge but after I saw the results of this hometheatermag.com/receivers/903denon/index2.html I am starting to lean tword the Harman. I read from someone on annother forum that the HK actualy produced MORE watts than advertised(around 70 per ch I belive) when they did the same test on it. But the man who reviewed the Denon gave it a good review so I am hung between the 2. Can anyone give me some insight on this subject? The unit will be used almost totaly for movies, a few video games and even less music.

-Brian

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well in terms of power I think that you might get a little more power out of the Harman, but not enough to make a big difference.

If you're going to do video switching then that is something to compare between the two units. Also, the nice thing I like about HK is that they give you a Zone2 option which has alot of features on it and a seperate remote. I found that pretty cool.

These units look like they offer almost the same, so I think that what you should look for it the way they sound, the looks of the unit (if you care about that), and extra DSP's and such.

Harman/Kardon offers Logic7 which for 2 channels sources like movies on cable and such I found to do a better job in putting it in 5.1 surround that Dolby ProLogic II. (the 330 will do 7.1 surround from a 2ch. source)

Go and demo them, they are both good units, I like HK though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks