What's new

Denon AVR-2802: very weird problem with headphones (1 Viewer)

Jean Lauzier

Auditioning
I just bought a Denon AVR-28002 A/V receiver and I am very satisfied with it! This is really a high quality unit!

I have many components connected to my receiver. Thus, all my analog and digital connections are used on the rear panel. In fact, the only connections I don't use are the EXT-IN and PRE-OUT connections (except for the Subwoofer connection).

However, I have a problem:

When I plug in my headphones on the front panel, I cannot listen to anything else than the DVD source!!! If I simply switch my source to the tuner or the TV or to anything else I can still listen to the same source from the DVD but nothing else!!! What is going on? Would I need to do a reinitialization of my unit?

Please help me out.

Thanks for your collaboration.

Salvador

Second Unit
somewhat on topic, i have a 3802, how do i disable sound coming out from my speakers when i plug in my headphones?

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Salvador,
You should be able to turn off your speakers by hitting the speaker A button on the unit. That toggles the speakers on and off no matter if you have headphones plugged in or not.

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks