Denon AVR-2802: very weird problem with headphones

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jean Lauzier, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Jean Lauzier

Jean Lauzier Auditioning

I just bought a Denon AVR-28002 A/V receiver and I am very satisfied with it! This is really a high quality unit!

I have many components connected to my receiver. Thus, all my analog and digital connections are used on the rear panel. In fact, the only connections I don't use are the EXT-IN and PRE-OUT connections (except for the Subwoofer connection).

However, I have a problem:

When I plug in my headphones on the front panel, I cannot listen to anything else than the DVD source!!! If I simply switch my source to the tuner or the TV or to anything else I can still listen to the same source from the DVD but nothing else!!! What is going on? Would I need to do a reinitialization of my unit?

Please help me out.

Thanks for your collaboration.

2. Salvador

Salvador Second Unit

somewhat on topic, i have a 3802, how do i disable sound coming out from my speakers when i plug in my headphones?

3. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Salvador,
    You should be able to turn off your speakers by hitting the speaker A button on the unit. That toggles the speakers on and off no matter if you have headphones plugged in or not.

Phil