What's new

Denon AVR-2310CI or Onkyo TX-SR707 or something better? in the $600 range (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Well, I'm upgrading from the Denon AVR-2302 and am wanting to take advantage of these new fangled DTS-MA and DD-TrueHD formats that my new PS3 slim will kick out for my Blu-ray movies.

I rarely use the receiver for music, mostly video games and Blu-ray movies. I have Swan Diva Speakers and a SVS sub (7.1 set-up) and a 60" 1080p Sony LCoS rear projection.

And when I look at the open box buys or new buys it looks like these two receivers are the two I'm looking into. I might like to play around with pro logic IIz, but not too big of a deal for me right now. Probably can't go over $650 in range.

And as usual I don't buy anything unless asking my friends here for help!

I love the warm sound that my current Denon produces and I've heard that the Onkyo has a similar sound, but I'm working off of opinions that I read back in 2002, so I'm assuming that some things may have changed since then.

At one point in time the Faroudja DCDi Cinema™was the go to technology for dvd players, and noticed that the Onkyo is still sticking with Faroudja, but I noticed that Denon is now with Anchor Bay VRS ABT-2010, anyone see any differences or have opinions?

So, any thoughts/suggestions/help is (as always) greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much in advance! I can't thank yall enough!

In Trinity,

Grady H.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Based on this comparison chart I'd go with the Denon, though Onkyo certainly has a strong follwing.
At one point in time the Faroudja DCDi Cinema™was the go to technology for dvd players, and noticed that the Onkyo is still sticking with Faroudja, but I noticed that Denon is now with Anchor Bay VRS ABT-2010, anyone see any differences or have opinions?
From what I've read Anchor Bay is a bit better than Faroudja but most people would probably be hard-pressed to tell the difference. My standard recommendation is to download both manuals and read thru them before deciding.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Well got the Onkyo bartered them down on a brand new on to $600 and that allowed me to buy a new GPS for a discount (at the same price of just the Denon alone). pleased with purchase, now its off to calibrate!

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
I have the Swan Divas

6.1's
C3 Center
R3 Surrounds
Single 2.1 rear center
HSU VTF 3.1 sub-All Rosewood

I bought the 2310 a couple weeks ago and could not be happier. Audissey is amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks