What's new

Denon AVR-2106 problems, Any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I just got my new reciever and hooked everything up properly, however, I notice 2 problems and Im pretty sure its not user error, but I felt I should run it by you all anyway. It's a Denon AVR-2106 Refurb (90 day warranty).

1.) No signal comming out of the sub output.
2.) the center channel (especially as I turn the volume up) sounds like the sound is comming out of a Kazoo and very "tin can like", (the speaker is not blown I checked)

The connections are good, no cables crossing, and when I did the auto room EQ w/ the enclosed mic, no signal came from out of the sub output. I beleive I'll have to take it up with Denon when they open, and eventually declare it to be sent back for work. Can anyone think of anything that I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I called Denon tech support and I am gonna have to try to do an Initialization of the micro processor. (a reset of sorts).

Here is the steps to do the reset.

1.) Main power is off, (not in standby mode)
2.) Press and hold Speakers A + B
3.) Turn on power while holding
4.) Display will flash on and off a few times then let go of buttons
5.) Should hear a click and display has the auto tuner on 87.5 FM

They say it fixed about 70% of the issues that can arise, If it doesn't fix my issues I have to exchange it. I'll post my findings later on

EDIT: I've done this "reset" and it has not fixed my issue (I doubted it would've). So now I shall exchange it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks