What's new

Denon AVR 1912 Volume Problems (1 Viewer)

waltjocketty

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
I am new to this, but I hope someone can help me. I have a Denon AVR 1912 hooked up to a 42-inch Panasonic Plasma and an xbox 360, with two Audioengine P4 speakers and a subwoofer. When watching movies through the xbox, the volume will change considerably when the movie switches from dialogue to music/sound effects. I have tried to turn on the dynamic volume control to fix this problem, but it hasn't noticeably changed the situation. Does anybody have any suggestions for how to solve this problem? I realize I may need to provide more information, so please let me know what you need to know in order to assist me. Thanks in advance.

waltjocketty

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
I just want to power the speakers and not have to constantly lower the volume when something loud happens and then have to raise it again to hear the dialogue. It's pretty annoying, really.

waltjocketty

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
I just have it set up as a stereo but since the xbox plays all kinds of content through it (we watch a lot of HBO GO on it), we've been using the speakers not only for music, but for movies, etc. I turned off "auto-surround" and maybe that will help the problem?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
IF you add a center speaker, I bet lots of the problem will be solved.
I was assuming this was 5 speakers already...since you didn't say anything...

waltjocketty

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
OK thanks I think that has solved the problem. While I have you here, what audio setting should I be using for movies? Should I be using Dolby Pro Logic? PLII? Multi Channel Stereo? For music I am just going to leave it on stereo, but I wonder if this is a bad idea for movies? Are Pro Logic and PLII only suitable for surround setups? Thanks.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
DPL and DPL II are used to create center speaker.
You can use Dolby Digital as well. You can use whatever sound modes it lets you...
Basically, once you add center, "any sound mode where center is involved" is available...
The only ones you won't have access to are the ones that need rear speakers...ie, concert hall, club(basically the music sound modes it has that create ambiance)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks