What's new

Denon AVR-1912 Receiver. Workaround for Wi-Fi. (1 Viewer)

BluHT

Agent
Real Name
D Manning
I recently bought a Denon AVR-1912 Receiver. I would like to provide internet access to it through my wi-fi network so I can easily access firmware updates and try out its online services. However, I understand the receiver does not have a wi-fi dongle, just an ethernet port.
I've also heard that there are ways to "work around" this issue, though I don't know how. What are the specific ways to work around the absence of a wi-fi dongle (aside from using a hardwired Ethernet connection)?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You would need to either provide a wire to it or use a commonly available wireless bridge attached to your network. This is not a work around, it is a standard practice when trying to add wireless connectivity to devices that only have wired connections.

BluHT

Agent
Real Name
D Manning
Someone recommended I try using a Netgear Universal WiFi Internet Adapter:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003KPBRRW/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=
It does seem to be the best solution.
Questions: Does it work with Apple's AirPort Express, which is what I use to go wireless?
Also, I don't see warranty information for Netgear adapter on Amazon's product page. Do you have any idea of what the warranty details are (e.g., length, etc.)? I see some of the refurbished devices come with a sixty-day warranty.
For this product, I'm considering a refurbished item. (Right now, I don't really see connecting to the internet through the receiver very often so, with $25 in question, I'm willing to take a risk.) Does anyone here own a refurbished copy of this product? How long have you had it and how reliable has it been?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks