Denon AVR-1804 BStock off ebay?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by MikeCooper, Jan 13, 2004.

1. MikeCooper

MikeCooper Extra

Does anyone recommend buying or recommend against buying a BStock Denon receiver off ebay? The seller (Dakmart) is actually a registered dealer on the Denon website so it should come fully waranteed from Denon.

Has anyone bought one of these or know someone that did?

I really want the receiver, but I am kinda hesitant. What would make these receivers "BStock" anyone?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Luke_Lemmings

Luke_Lemmings Stunt Coordinator

Cosmetic blemishes, defective units which have been fixed, sometimes defective customer returns which have been fixed as well.

All these things can make a product BStock.

I tend to stay away from BStock since I know something has been "WRONG" with the unit at some time.

3. John S

John S Producer

I have better luck with B-Stock by far than I have with brand new product.

It has just been my experiences, I always buy B-Stock when given the choice.

4. Ray_C

Ray_C Stunt Coordinator

ZMany times, factory refurbished items can be more reliable than a working original mmodel, because it's been gone through more thoroughly and has had the bugs worked out.

5. Robt_Moore

Robt_Moore Stunt Coordinator

I bought a Denon AVR 1803 and a DVD 1805 from ecost.com a few months ago, and I couldn't be happier. They both looked absolutely perfect to me, although the DVD player did not have it's original box and the manual was written in. After this experience, I don't even look at new anymore. I can't wait for the Denon DVD/SACD players to start hitting the "B" stocks.

Bob

6. Chad_Henry

Chad_Henry Stunt Coordinator

I don't see any reason to buy b stock given that 6ave is selling brand new stuff w/ full warranties (Denon authorized) for about the same price.

Also, my experiences w/ Dakmart have all involved very rude behavior from their employees AND the owner.

7. MikeCooper

MikeCooper Extra

6ave selling new items for about the same price as bstock from dakmart?

Well, 6ave sell the 1804 for $499 where dakmart sells it for $330. Quite a difference and worth checking into.

Thanks for your opinions everyone.

Does anyone know if Ecost have any 1804's or if they'll substitute the 1803 for an 1804?

Thanks.

8. John S

John S Producer

Heck with that... Ecost has an open box 2803 for $333.97, I'd jump on that one if I were you really....

9. Chad_Henry

Chad_Henry Stunt Coordinator

MikeCooper,

Yes, the price listed on the website is $499 but call them and ask, unless they've discontinued the pricing you can get an 1804 from them for $355 shipped. I got the 3803 from them for $648. Brand new, unopened factory box, full factory warranty.

10. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

I was also going to buy something from Dakmart one time until I did a fairly extensive amount of research on their Ebay feedback and they have accused some of their customers of having "POSSIBLE TERRORIST TIES". I read that 3 times in different feedbacks. Also it seems they put stuff on Ebay that they don't have in inventory. I would stat away from them. Just my .02