What's new

Denon AVR-1604 vs. AVR-684 (1 Viewer)

JohnJay*S

Auditioning
I just got back from a dealer who told me that these producs are identical. It just doesn't seem likely, but I wondered if anyone here can confirm it? If there ARE differences, what would they be (if you know). I could compare the spec sheets, but since I don't really know what I'm looking at I'm sure things would slip by.

Thanks for any help.

J

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Only difference is the warranty. The 1604 has 2 years from Denon, the 684 only has one. The 1604 is meant to be sold in specialty audio stores and places like HiFi Buys and Tweeter. The 684 is meant for more mainstreem stores such as Sears. Internally and functionaly they are identical. The warranty is the difference.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
There is also one *small* detail that distinguishes the two apart. The 684 is advertised with 6 Ohm outputs, so it looks like it produces more power - until you read the fine print and notice the 6 Ohm part. Also, if you were to go to the Denon site, the current manual does state 1604/684 right on the cover.

Here's the link to the manual in .PDF format: Denon 1604/684

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks