What's new

Denon AVCA11SR (1 Viewer)

Krishna D

Auditioning
8 verdana blue I am in the process of buying a new home theater system and have finally made the decision to go in for the following:
AV receiver - Denon AVCA11SR
Speakers - Definitive Technologies BP10

I would appreciate some advise from anyone on the following:

1) I am told by the dealer that the balck coloured model of AVCA11SR is not shipped with Ultra THX 2 whereas the Gold version is. Does it make a major difference, will I REPENT!! in the future if I opt for black.

2) Are Def Tech speakers a good match for AVCA11SR, I seriously have no idea on this one, Bose seems attractive given its size! but we get only 5.1 where I live AM16 is not here as yet.

Help me please!!!!

- a novice

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Personally I don't think THX is that big a deal and anyhow Ultra THX 2 is the same as the previous Ultra THX.

As for the speakers I would suggest you go in for the Definitive Technology ones and stay as far away from Bose as possible. Almost any and everything is better than Bose.

Sanjay
Member since 1997

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
The US does not get the AVC-A11SR (which I believe is similar to the US AVR-4802 receiver) but I took a look at the UK website and they show the same features and specs for both black or gold.

I agree with Sanjay. No Bose! IMO, very, very poor value for the money.
The Def Tech's are nice speakers. If they are easily obtainable for you, they are a good quality brand. There are many others that are good speakers too. What other brands can you get?

Krishna D

Auditioning
Speakers available are
Martin Logan (way out of my budget)
Yamaha
Onkyo
Denon

there maybe other brands also but need a starter list to probe and identify the dealers.

BTW, the dealer for Denon and the Def tech speakers is the same and he vouches by their performance. (Yes, most easliy available)

Thanks guys really appreciate your help

On another note the def tech speakers that I will be getting include the following

ProMonitor 200 Rear
ProCenter 100 Center
ProSub 200TL subwoofer
BP8B Front

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
As Chuck stated, the AVR-A11SR is just the non-Nth American version of the 4802. Search for that to find opinions of this receiver.

Stay away from Bose unless you priority is appearance (and even then, there are more cost and acoustic effective alternatives). And I wouldn't buy Yamaha, Onkyo or
Denon speakers, either as they are best with electronics. I have no experience and hence no opinion on the Def Techs.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Well, if Martin-Logan is more or less the only other game in town, then the Def Tech's will more than fit the bill.

I don't know how difficult it would be for you to track down any other brands but B&W makes several models in virtually all price ranges (from entry level to state-of-the-art) and they are marketed nearly everywhere. At least this would give you something to compare the Definitive Technology's against...

Krishna D

Auditioning
Thanks guys for all the help:

I will be taking a look at the BP2006TL this weekend I may replace the BP8 with that one. I wonder how the bass would sound with a powered woofer integrated tower.

hitendra

Grip
Krishna
Would like to share with you - companies that make great amps/receivers do not necessarily make great speakers.

Do look at BW and you can also try JBL - they both are quite good and personally, I like JBL a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks