What's new

Denon 910 or NAD T513???? (1 Viewer)

JamesGL

Stunt Coordinator
Both are around $250 shipped online.

Which one?
I know the 910 has the Faroudja but NAD, well it's a NAD.
Both are progressive scan.

Any input?
Wife says I can buy what I want but I want to do it soon before she changes her mind.

Yeah, yeah, I am whooped :D

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Before you make that choice you should take a look at the NAD or at least get some reviews/info on it. Usually you could find info on NAD in some canadian or Brit magazines.

JamesGL

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Anthony.

I have seen the NAD T512 in action and it was a good unit, solidly built like a tank and the typical NAD no bs design which I really like. I spoke to a sales rep and he said the T513 just adds progressive scan capability to the T512.

The T513 just arrived a few weeks ago so I can't find any reviews about it.

The Denon 910 has the legendary Faroudja but when I did a search on Denon DVD players, half of the post are about their unit no longer working and a thread yesterday about how they handle warranty claims is disturbing.

Danny Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, i've bought a couple Denon 1600's as floor models and both had problems within a week. Has me worried too. :frowning:

Danny

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Which company offers a better warranty ?..I like the look and build quality of the NAD units. I've never owned one but I've seen them in action....Denon right now is probably the most popular DVD player on this forum, but don't base your purchase on that...I have also owned Denon recievers and they were great units. I know that Denon's are being made in China now, where are the NAD's built ?

JamesGL

Stunt Coordinator
That I don't know. My friend has a T512 so I can look at the back I suppose.
I still can't find any info about what chip they use.
I called an e-retailer and I don't think the sales rep knew much, but said "they are very good" so that didn't help.

JamesGL

Stunt Coordinator
Called another NAD "authorized" retailer and still don't know anything about the T513.:confused:

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
James, were you able to find anymore info on the NAD? I ask because a friend is in the process of deciding between the Denon 910 and the NAD T513.
Did you finally make a choice and are you happy with the choice you made?

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Was anyone ever able to get the 910/2815 black level problem figured out? Thread over at avs has several owners claiming they can't get a correct black level. DCDi is no good with bad black level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks