What's new

denon 5803 receiver (1 Viewer)

phyllis

Agent
hello,
I was just wondering if anyone could help.I just received my 5803 back from denon with the pro logic 2x upgrade,and new denon link and hdcd.Now after calibrating everything back to normal with avia it seems that the output of bass is much lower.I had everything calibrated at 85 db before and did the same now,but it does not seem right.Does anyone have a 5803 upgraded version and experiencd this.Could something be defective?or does the newer version uotput lesser bass,and it has to be turned up?Any help would be appreciated,or back to denon it goes!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Phyllis,

Just one thing to consider, you indicated that you've adjusted the subwoofer output level so it's the same as before. However, did you also adjust the LFE level, too?

I'm assuming the receiver has both settings. Might be wrong, though.

phyllis

Agent
Wayne,
Lfe on receiver is at -5 as before and about 45% gain on sub.sub crossover all the way up and 80 on receiver.no dynamic compression engaged.Any other thoughts?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Maybe, something did get fudged up a bit with the upgrade. But, are you experiencing the lack of bass with both movies and music?

Maybe, the subwoofer cable experienced some damage when disconnecting/reconnecting it.

Just grabbing at straws here ...

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Phyllis, can you tell me how long the turn-around was and what did it cost you to upgrade?

phyllis

Agent
Cost was 150 and 4 week turnaround time.Its 100 in the U.S and turnaround will be shorter,I had mine done in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks