What's new

Denon 5803 pre/pro vs. 5800 (1 Viewer)

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Elbert

Thanks so far for you reviews...you've convinced me to go and buy a HTPS7000 very soon...(like when I move into my new home)

Keep up the updates!!

Eric.

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
great to hear that, Erik. The 7000 is awesome. Keep in mind that my 5803 was not plugged into my 7000. It was/is plugged into my Power Wedge ULTRA 113, which also features balanced AC. MY SOURCE components, Panasonic DVD1000 and my Sony 400 mega changer were the ones that were plugged in. It is almost always suggested that you upgrade with the source components first. The 7000 features 6 filtered BALANCED AC outlets, all of which I have "spread" around to different sources (2 dvd players and a cd player)Not critical to spread them around since I'll only have one component on at time, but I do have a lot of extra outlets.

I'm still uncertain as to the best arrangement of my componets to these 2 power conditioners. I may try plugging the 5803 into one of the 7000's high current audio outlets too.

Elbert

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Elbert,

Thanks for the advice....as far as source components, I would be plugging in a Panny Rp91, Sony NC650v, vcr, 2 laserdisc players, and a Denon CDR1500. Eventually I will switch the Sony with the 555es.

I think I will definitely try with the Denon 4802 plugged in through the Monstern and see what happens.

Eric.

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
sounds great, Erik. I split my PLCs onto 2 different dedicated ac outlets, and my main amp plugged into its own ac outlet as well.

The Monster has 4 high current outlets that are filtered, but are not provided with balanced AC. I think it's more critical in the source components. Since you have so many sources, the 7000 will be perfect since it has 6 balanced ac outlets. There's also a high current video outlet that has its own set of filters as well....

Improvements in video are also very obvious compared to the wall, but then again, my display was plugged into my PW Ultra, so the improvements were minimal at best.

Elbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks