What's new

denon 5803 or pio elite 49tx (1 Viewer)

NormanB

Auditioning
i am trying to decide which one to buy but would like to hear your reviews of these units...main differences between them..what you like or dislike :emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown: i don't think i would go wrong in choozing either one but would appreciate your thoughts

Steve Adams

Second Unit
i never heard these two units, however, i have heard lesser models of both brands, my pioneer vsx-d810s and the 1602. both sound good, the build quality on both are excellent, now to look at the elite and the denon, the elite looks much better imo, better built, and more pride taken in the construction. im hoping to have the tx49 next year, i love that receiver. and from what i have read, is sounds perfect.

Yogi

Screenwriter
I have compared both the 5803 and the 49TX at the showroom with Vienna Acoustics speakers all around. The 5803 was my preferred choice based purely on sound. The 5803 had a smoother and more refined treble and the bottom end on both was identical. Both are excellent receivers though and the final sound would depend on what speakers you mate it with. You wouldn't go wrong with either.

Why aren't you considering separates at this price point?

Bill Law

Stunt Coordinator
Nah, get the pioneer.
I have the 49TXi pushing Vienna Acoustics (2Mahlers, 1Oratorio & 4Waltz's).
The sound is incredible!
The amp will shutdown at overheat if I rock the house for over an hour & I do mean loud...
The Ultimate would be use the Pio as a pre only & get a B&K Ref.200.7 amp.
Don't know how well the Denon handles 4ohm spkrs.

Yogi

Screenwriter
B&K Ref 50+ Amp 125.7 for about 3.5 - 4K
Outlaw 950 + Amp 770 for about 2.6K
Rotel 1055 (pre?) + Amp 1075 + 1080 for about 3.5 - 4K

All three combos will sound substantially better than either of the receivers and will push 4 Ohms without breaking a sweat. Plus they will save you some $$$ in the long run by making upgrades more cost effective.

My 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks