Denon 5803 and component monitor out?????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sammy Sams, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Sammy Sams

Sammy Sams Agent

I have a denon 5803. Apparently the receiver can upgrade a video signal from composite to svideo to component. Will it do any good (and will it save me some money) to have a component monitor out from the 5803, but only either composite or svideo ins from my various components??? Will the signal be upgraded in those cases? My dvd has direct component outs to the monitor. If I had an svideo out from my dvd to my 5803 and then a component out to my monitor would this be like having direct component to my tv? This way I could save on buying just one expensive component monitor out for my reciever and use less expesive svideo and maybe even composite outs from my other devices. Does this make any sense??? thanks

2. Sammy Sams

Sammy Sams Agent

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!!!!

anybody out there in space?????????????????????????

3. Sammy Sams

Sammy Sams Agent

anyone????

4. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Sammy, stop twistin our arms...we might get stubborn and keep on clickin...

So, patience lecture done, your top of the line Denon 5803 has provided new circuitry that most yet do not have -- the ability to upconvert video source cables. Denon can now better position this AVR as an all-in-one switcher with its above-average number if inputs/outputs.

With an AVR of this quality, I personally wud use the most direct paths with the least cross/up and down/ conversions. If this means to you DVD component cable direct to tv monitor, that's usually recommended.

But Denon 5803 is MORE than capable of video switching for those who choose this path. A second set of component cables from Denon MONITOR/COMPONENT OUT to tv shouldnt set you back more than $50 if you look for AR PRO (not Performance). Look at partsexpress.com and accessories4less.com and you might even like AR Master Series.

Dont shortchange your nice Denon-based system and optimum DVD path. Those video upconversions are for those who have no other choice, given their pieces of gear to connect. Just my thoughts...

bill