What's new

Denon 5800 Upgrade (1 Viewer)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hi!,

Just wondering if anybody has sent their's in for the new upgrade.

It had become available in Canada as of March 15.

Here's the details:

DENON CANADIAN WEBSITE

This upgrade offered by DENON Canada Inc. is available on AVR-5800’s that have been purchased through a DENON Canada authorized retailer. All Canadian consumers must purchase the K-AVR5800 upgrade kit and arrange an installation date with an authorized DENON Canada retailer for the upgrade. UPGRADE BULLETIN

Exclusively the DENON Canada Inc. Service/Tech. Department in Markham, Ontario, will install all upgrades.

IMPORTANT: The Denon retailer will contact DENON Canada in advance to book an installation date on behalf of the consumer.

The installation dates are booked on a first-come, first-served basis and are dependant on the availability of the K-AVR5800 upgrade kits and available appointment times for installation.

It is DENON Canada’s intention to complete the upgrade, testing and re-packing within 3 business days of the booked installation date.

DETAILS:

Contact your authorized DENON retailer for pricing and shipping information. The suggested list price for the K-AVR5800 upgrade kit including installation is $1299.00 Can.

Request that the DENON retailer find the next available installation time that best suits you.

Before having the retailer book your installation appointment with DENON Canada, ensure that you have allowed enough time for disconnection, packing and transportation to the retailer’s location and final shipping to DENON Canada in Markham, Ontario.

The RC-8000 remote should be sent along with the AVR-5800.

It is strongly recommended that both the customer and the retailer inspect and record any scratches or marks on the AVR-5800 and RC-8000 prior to final packing and shipping to DENON Canada. Any accessories must also be noted although DENON Canada only suggests shipping the AVR-5800 with the RC-8000 remote.

The AVR-5800 is to be shipped via the authorized DENON Canada retailer, pre-paid and insured for the purchased price to DENON Canada Service Department in Markham, Ontario, preferably packed in the original AVR-5800 carton (if still available). It is strongly recommended that considerable and appropriate packaging be used given the weight and fragility of the component. We suggest that the AVR-5800 be “double boxed” where at all possible for added protection.

DENON Canada Service Dept. will install the K-AVR5800 upgrade kit and test. The unit will then be returned, shipped pre-paid and insured back to the authorized DENON Canada retailer in a new carton complete with new packaging.

NOTE: Upon installation of the upgrade kit, the customer’s set-up parameters (speaker configuration, delay times, channel levels, tuner station presets etc.) will be automatically re-set to the factory settings. The customer will have to re-enter this information after re-installing in their system.

The AVR-5800 must arrive at DENON Canada by the installation date to avoid delays.

Dale_S

Stunt Coordinator
Trevor,
Doug from Denon Canada made a post on the Flagship Receiver forum earlier this month:
Link Removed
Basically it sounds like they got a limited number of upgrade kits in stock, and sold out right away. My guess is the local Toronto owners got 1st dibs on these upgrades, but so far I haven't seen a post from any of them regarding having it done.
Here in Calgary my local authorized dealer can't even tell me if he's going to offer the upgrade. If so I may be forced to go to a new dealer should I decide to get the upgrade. At least I have some time left to decide, especially since Denon Canada has no upgrade kits left.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Trevor,
In America, we pre-registered with Jeff Tambladge (sp?) throught Denon's web-site. I've gotten several follow up e-mails from him on the progress to date and a chart documenting the differences between the standard 5800, upgraded 5800, and the 5803. Pretty cool stuff if you haven't seen it. E-mail me this weekend if you'd like it.
The latest e-mail he sent me was the first in-house ugrade patient; a 5800 that they've had at Denon corportate. After replacing and beefing up the power supply, replacement of the DSP board, adding logos to the front, and another thing or two...the patient is recovering nicely:) Apparently, the upgrade was delayed a couple of weeks because of a shortage of the Sharc Hammerhead processors. I'm expecting time line news any day now...
Jeremy

Bob Segno

Agent
Trevor,with all the capibilities the 5800 has to offer, do you really think we need to spend another $800? I'm really happy with everything it can do. Especially now that I have mine working again!!

Oliver

Stunt Coordinator
No yet. I am still waiting for my dealer to give me the call that Denon is waiting for my unit to fit in the new DSP board :D
From what I heard lately from Denon Germany, the new DSP boards are now shipping an should arrive arround the beginning of April. So hopefully the call will come soon...

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Here in Calgary my local authorized dealer can't even tell me if he's going to offer the upgrade. If so I may be forced to go to a new dealer should I decide to get the upgrade.
I would think that your dealer would have no choice.
All they do is sent it to the Depot in Ontario and collect the upgrade cost.
Overall,,1K to spend on a 6K unit to keep it current is not bad at all. Much better than replacing the whole thing.
Michael,,You kill me!!
icon36.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks