What's new

Denon 5800 to xbox audio hookup question (1 Viewer)

Mike E W

Agent
I currently have my TV audio out going to the TV analog audio in on the reciever. I would like to hook up the digital audio out on the xbox to the TV digital in on the reciever. This should work shouldnt it? Since there wont be a signal coming off the analog it would pick up the signal on the digital? Would like to keep it is simple as possible for my family and that seems to make the most sense. As an aside I noticed on the digital audio assignments that vid/aux says off. Why is that and what does it mean? Thanks, Mike

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
why touch tv audio at all?
I just fed my new tosh video feeds from my receiver and progressive dvd, turned the tv audio all off, and did everything through the reciever.

Mike E W

Agent
I have audio out from the TV to the reciever for watching sports. I want to use the TV digital audio in on the reciver for the xbox if possible then when I switch to TV on the reciver I should have sound for the xbox via digital and when Im watching sports the sound would use the analog line I already have when the reciever is set to the TV input. That at least is the theory. The idea is to make it simple as possible for my family. Not to mention easing programming the pronto. I dont know if this scenario works, and that is my question.

Kris McLaughlin

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,
From what I understand, many receivers will give priority to either the analog or digital connection on a given input. You may be able to choose this manually, but it depends on the receiver.
Alternatively, you could simply plug the TV analog output into a diffferent, unused input on the receiver, using the TV input solely for Xbox.
Hopefully this helps,
~Kris M

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks