What's new

Denon 5800 Multizone power ratings (1 Viewer)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hi!,
I am planning to expand my music listening into the outdoors in which I plan to take advantage of the Denon 5800's multizone capabilities.
However, I have no idea on how much power the Denon 5800 puts out in the multizone configuration.
Hopefully one of my Denon buddies out there will have some information on this.
The power rating will help me determine what type of outdoor speaker I will need to purchuse for this purpose.
Thanks in advance.
------------------
Trevor
Link Removed
Equipment List updated
New digital pictures!
June 12,2001

Mike E W

Agent
I dont have any numbers but...I have multi running out to my deck and it sounds like the same power all channels. To get the multi indicater to turn off on the front panel make sure you set to source on zone 1 and 2. Course it likely wouldnt take you the hour it took me to figure that out.

Keith M.

Second Unit
Actually, the multi-zone feature is line-out. You will need external amplification to power the speakers. Unless, you are using the rear centers for multi-zone.
Personally, I am using a cheap 40watt preamp to power my outdoor speakers which is being fed through the multi-zone line-out... It sounds very good, and you can use that goofy remote w/ RF, which is great for those BBQs...

Mike E W

Agent
Yep, I use the second and switch in setup when I want juice to the deck. I was assuming that he had read the manual. I have a macro set on my pronto to go back and forth so its not as much of a pain as it sounds. That let me use the speakers and wire I already had without spending more dollars. Having just recently built a HT setup from scratch this could have led to wife problems. :) Powered speakers or an amp/speaker setup would be a better way if the funding is there.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Not sure how that works,,I will have another look at the manual since I did not see anything about adding another amp.
I will most likely be adding Boston Acoustics outdoor speakers for the deck..
------------------
Trevor
Link Removed
Equipment List updated
New digital pictures!
June 12,2001
[Edited last by Trevor Schell on July 16, 2001 at 08:47 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks