What's new

Denon 5800 & HGS-18 settings (1 Viewer)

steve paul

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Denon 5800, with all my speakers set to small in the setup. In the manual this states that it will send all BASS below 80hz to the Sub. On the HGS-18 there is a switch for the Xover on the sub where you can set it to "in" or "out" - Do I set the subs Xover at 80 and set it to "IN" or just set it to "OUT" which supposedly lets the denon do the work. Anyone with an HGS sub that has their speakers set to small? How do you set this switch? Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

PomingF

Second Unit
I thought the Velodyne manual does cover the crossover use. Too lazy to climb to the back of mine to check I believe I set the switch to 'out' for I let my Onkyo to determine what goes to the sub as I have my center/surrounds set to small.

PF

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I would bypass the HGS18's crossover. Whenever you have the subwoofer signal already being lowpassed in the receiver/processor...you generally don't want it to be re-filtered downstream.

TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks