What's new

Denon 5800 and HD signal (1 Viewer)

As a Denon 5800 owner and future Sharp XV Z9000 projector buyer, I'm planning on getting a HDD 200(HD descrambler) for my 4DTV. The question is, Will the 5800 have the bandwith required to handle the HD signal via the component video inputs without degrading the image when video outputting to the Sharp XV Z 9000?Also, will it be wise to connect the progressive dvd to the receiver and use the component output to the projector or go straight from DVD>>Projector? Same applies for HD signal>>>>>receiver>>>projector or just HD signal>>projector? Thanks to all replyers in advance.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Luis,

I'm going to go ahead and move this from the basics area to the Receiver forum- you're likely to get more attention there!

-V

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I've read this somewhere but I'll post it here:

To pass regular Component video via the Component inputs it is required to have 50 mhz to be sufficient. To pass 1080i it requires much more than that like 100mhz atleast if not more.

So for 1080I HIDEF, the 5800 isn't sufficient enough. It'll pass it but with degradation of the signal.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I was under the impression that you needed 37 MHz for 720p and that or less for 1080i. This would put the 5800, along with quite a few other receivers, in a safe margin for HD signals.
One recognized source for this info can be found here. Thank you, Allan.
Remember all of these ratings are manufacturer-supplied..which may or may not be accurate. The best thing to do is try it out. I have a 5800 and a Sharp 9000 and I did not observe a discernible difference with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks