What's new

Denon 5700 (1 Viewer)

I have a Denon 5700 for sale. A few minor scratches and imperfections on the top of this receiver are the only things keeping it from being in mint condition. I have the original remote, owners manual, power cord, and FM antenna. I do not have the original box or AM antenna. I purchased this unit new in 1999 from a local dealer. Price is $1,000 plus shipping.
Work E-Mail: [email protected]
Home E-Mail: [email protected]
Jeff Barone

OK, I'll lower the price to $800, plus shipping. The imperfections on the top of this receiver are really quite small. It is a great looking and sounding receiver!

This receiver looks and sounds great. The imperfections on the top of this unit are really small and insignificant. I have pictures if anyone is interested.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Steven,
I totally agree.
I have had a 5700 now for a few years,
I still use it in our second HT setup.
I plan to be buried with it.:b
Purchased from Alan G. of AVS.
This has to be one of the best buys around.
With the 7.1 Analog inputs in Direct mode DVD-A & SACD is just fantastic. Has some of the best Burr Brown DAC's ever made. The amp section on this benched out pushing all five channels better then the 5800 and others.
If anyone needs some literature via email. Let me know.
I think I save about everything ever printed on this AVR.:D

Steven & Jerry,

Thanks for the posts. I did not realize how many times I used the word great to describe this receiver! I'm afraid that I have scared some people off by saying the top of the unit is scratched. It has a couple of light scuffs and imperfections. I know that most HTF members, including myself, take pride in the appearance as well as performance of their equipment. I want to be completely honest and not mislead anyone. I have been very happy with the performance of this receiver and the only reason I'm selling it is that I got a great deal on a Pioneer 49TX that I could not pass up. Oh well, I'll give it a couple of days, and if nobody is interested I'll take it over to ebay. Thanks again.

Dave Danek

Stunt Coordinator
I'll echo the sentiments here for the Denon 5700. The clarity and detail that this receiver outputs is outstanding, provided of course you have decent speakers! I ran a Denon 3200 for a couple of years and was very happy with its performance. I had an opportunity to upgrade earlier this year and got what I thought was a good buy on a pristine 5700 (I paid $1100). I've heard a significant improvement in the sound of all DVDs and particularly with LDs with the 5700. At $800, if the receiver is in good working order, this is a steal! I don't know this seller; just a strong proponent of this unit! There is a great review of the unit from sound and vision mag at the following link:
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/Sou..._cm_00,00.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks