denon 4802 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Weldy, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

Will the 4802 allow for off center positioning of the side surrounds. What I mean can I sit 4 feet from the right one and have the left on 7 to eight feet to the other side of me. Can I mess with the balance or something so that I can make is sound like I am setting directly in the center. Any help would be appreciated as the will be the deciding factor weather I buy this reciever or not.

Thanks

2. Geoff S

Geoff S Stunt Coordinator

Yes you can, in System Setup set the Delay time for the right surround 4ft and the left surround 7 feet and you should be able to get the centered effect from the receivers delay.

3. AustinKW

AustinKW Stunt Coordinator

Hi Matt,

As Geoff pointed out, the 4802 will allow you to set delay distances so that the processed signals will arrive at the proper time to the proper speakers. Also, the 4802 (like almost all receivers) allows you to set the channel levels for all your speakers. From any listening position, you adjust up or down the volume coming from each speaker. This will produce a perfectly "balanced" sound at the listening position. Good luck.

Austin