Denon 4802 owners.....please help me

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Pobuda, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Dave Pobuda

Dave Pobuda Stunt Coordinator

Okay..here's a dumb question that I need help with. Am setting up my new receiver(Denon AVR-4802). I have the monitor out from receiver going to input 1 via S-Video cable.

My DVD player is going to component input directly to TV. So when I have AVIA going I cannot bring up the on screen display to adjust speaker level.

Thanks for your input.

Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. bryan_chow

bryan_chow Agent

Yup, you'll need to connect DVD to receiver or TV via S-video temporarily.

Bryan

3. Dave Pobuda

I did cannect my DVD compnent to component in on receiver....then went component out to tv.....but still could not get the on screen display......

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Dave,

You have to connect an S-video cable too along with the component cable. That'll get you an onscreen display.

- Chip

5. Dave Pobuda

okay.....connected using S-Vid cable....switched off progressive....and it worked!...although I cannot figure out how to use the avia test tones as the denon test tones always over ride them....am I just stupid or what ?...lol[​IMG]

6. Jack F

Jack F Agent

Well, its not WHAT. lol, just kidding.

If the 4802 is like the 5800 and the 3801, you don't go into the setup on the Denon and you don't use the test tone generator in the Denon.

You just play the Avia DVD and hit the CHannel Level button on the Denon remote to adjust that particular Speaker.

Everytime you hit the Channelbutton it will cycle through, Front Left, Center, Right, Surroud Left, Center, Right and Subwoofer. When you get to the Speaker you need to adjust, just hit the up or down arrow button.

Jack

7. John Welch

John Welch Stunt Coordinator

Dave,
    Jack F just posted pretty much the same reply I just posted on that other forum, except I suggested you look in the Denon manual as well for the correct way to adjust the individual channel levels. Use one OR the other, not both at the same time.[​IMG]

8. Dave Pobuda

okay...rtfm.....I checked it out and think I have a handle on it....thanks for all the help.....will call out if I need any further assistance
    Thanks again...dave[​IMG]