What's new

Denon 4802 and 5803 Differences (1 Viewer)

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone point out the major differences between these 2 models. I am considering both and can really see only a difference in power between the two. Is there any factors that make the 5803 obvious choice over the 4802? Thanks for any advice....

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Michael, sorry to hijack your thread but...

HTF Signature guidelines state:

As an alternative, you can provide a link to another page that lists your gear in your sig.

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
I would seriously consider going with sepparates at this price point. I have the 4802 and it is a very nice A/V receiver....but it does not have the power of a dedicated 5/7 channel amp. Check out the Outlaw 950/770 combo....more power, more current! I am considering keeping the 4802 and using the Outlaw 200W Mono-blocks for the L/C/R and letting the Denon handle the surround speakers. An expensive fix that you can circumvent!!!

Robert_Dufresne

Stunt Coordinator
Michael

Unless you have a very big room the 4802 has more than enough power and its preamp section is better than the outlaw. Keep it simple:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks