1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 4802 and 5803 Differences

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Michael De Costa, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

Can someone point out the major differences between these 2 models. I am considering both and can really see only a difference in power between the two. Is there any factors that make the 5803 obvious choice over the 4802? Thanks for any advice....

2. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Michael, sorry to hijack your thread but...

HTF Signature guidelines state:

As an alternative, you can provide a link to another page that lists your gear in your sig.

3. Mike Sloan

Mike Sloan Second Unit

I would seriously consider going with sepparates at this price point. I have the 4802 and it is a very nice A/V receiver....but it does not have the power of a dedicated 5/7 channel amp. Check out the Outlaw 950/770 combo....more power, more current! I am considering keeping the 4802 and using the Outlaw 200W Mono-blocks for the L/C/R and letting the Denon handle the surround speakers. An expensive fix that you can circumvent!!!

4. Robert_Dufresne

Robert_Dufresne Stunt Coordinator

Michael

Unless you have a very big room the 4802 has more than enough power and its preamp section is better than the outlaw. Keep it simple[​IMG]

5. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

It seems there are not actual technical differences between the two? Is it all just about Power?