What's new

Denon 4800 vs. Yamaha RXV-1? (1 Viewer)

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
I'm trying to decide based PURELY on sound quality in the 2 channel mode using each receiver's respective internal amps. Would the "higher power" rating in the Denon be more of a factor than the Yamaha on a pair of NHT 2.5i's? Or would the "flagship" components of the Yamaha win out?
Any opinions from people who are familiar with these 2 products (please no brand bias) would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Elbert
------------------

JaleelK

Second Unit
I'm trying to decide based PURELY on sound quality in the 2 channel mode using each receiver's respective internal amps. Would the "higher power" rating in the Denon be more of a factor than the Yamaha on a pair of NHT 2.5i's? Or would the "flagship" components of the Yamaha win out?
Any opinions from people who are familiar with these 2 products (please no brand bias) would be appreciated!
Thanks!
------------------
Why don't you see if some dealer will allow you to demo both units and see if you can compare both units in a blind test and then decide which one you prefer. I think you will find they sound pretty much alike. I think both units sound good. I think the higher power ratings of the Denon and the so-called flagship components in the Yamaha means nothing,you should judge each unit on the basis of performance.

Scott Quick

Agent
....Assuming of course that you have a good source (i.e. HDCD) and nice analog interconnects, using the "DIRECT" option which bypasses converting the input to the digital realm through the DSP.
Scott

SimonT

Grip
I love my Denon 4800 for both 2 channel and home theater applications. I have never heard the Yamaha though so definitly do a side by side demo before making your purchase Elbert.
Regards,
Simon
------------------
MY HOME THEATER

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks