Denon 4800 owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dustin B, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I was wondering if one of you would be kind enough to measure the distance from the front of the front foot to the back of the back foot. I'm hopefully I'll be able to pick one of these units up used and am curious if I'm going to have problems fitting it in my equipment rack.

I know width and height won't be a problem. But the unit is 19.5" deep and my component racks shelves are only 16" deep. I don't care if it sticks out the front or back at all, but I am hopeful that most or all of the feet will still be on the shelf.

2. Mike Sloan

Mike Sloan Second Unit

On the 4802 you need about 22 inches minimum to fit the cables and speaker wire. If the back is open you may get away with less. Most cabinets (if not all) had depth problems.

3. Mike Sloan

Mike Sloan Second Unit

I just re-read your question and the answer you really want is: 15 inches from front of front foot to back of back foot.
    Make sure your rack does not have a center post like alot of LOVAN racks because it will hit the back of the unit.

Mike

4. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I built the rack myself, the front and back are completely open so no problems, yay [​IMG]
    Assuming the 4802 and 4800 have identical dimensions.