What's new

denon 3892 OSD (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Ok,

I have the 3802 and i was using S-video. Now I switched to Component, and the on-screen setup wont come up. And I read in the book that the OSD wont show up with component. Is this true? Why would they do that? What do you'll do for the OSD when you dont use S-video. And if i have to hookup both, does that mess anything up with the dvd setup through the Denon. Will it be confused?

(subject line should be 3802, not 3892)

thanks

anthony

Chip_Slattery

Stunt Coordinator
Anthony,

This is true. The OSD is only sent via either s-video or composite, but not component. I'm not sure technically why this is, nor do I know how the OSD knows to use either s-video or composite when they are both available. Maybe it just looks for the first available analog output and sends the OSD data via that connection.

Someone with more expertise can probably give you additional details, but suffice it to say my 3801 has no problem handling multiple component, s-video and composite feeds while providing the OSD without a hitch.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
thanks for the info...

anyone else know a little more? So can i hookup the S-video out form my denon to a new video-in on the tv and still have the components in at the same time? Will the Denon just know to use the component when a dvd is playing?

Chip E

Screenwriter
Anthony,

Simple pal... just run an Svideo cable to another input. Done deal. The component cable has nothing to do with the Svideo because their on two seperate inputs.

GregoriusM

Second Unit
You'll still have to switch the inputs on your TV to see the OSD (S-Video) and then to component to to view the DVD player's output.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks