What's new

Denon 3806 or B&K Ref 50 (1 Viewer)

arjun

Auditioning
Hi,

I am trying to decide between the two on purely HT performancewise. I have a separate all tube music rig so I am not concerned about the 2ch performance of my HT system. I can find the ref 50 for about $1200 used and a little less for a new 3806. I have a B&K 5 channel separate amp and my system would be 5.1 only as I dont have any room for 7.1 speakers. Does the Ref 50 perform better than the 3806 in HT? I like the idea of multiEQ for room equilization as I strongly feel that average components in a properly setup room will sound better than super components setup in a poorly setup room. Does the B&K offer the same room eq flexibility even if its a manual procedure. I am not averse to using the SPL meter and seting up my room. I know the new Ref 50 offers 3 notch filters with variable widths etc but will it get to the same level of room correction as the 3806's Audyssey multiEQ correction?

Please help me decide.

Thanks in advance.

anel-vr

Auditioning
Hi Arjun,
I strongly recommend that you get the B&K ref 50 instead of the DareNON 3806. It took me about six years to convince one of my friends that separates are better than the Darenon receivers. I call denon Darenon because of very negative experiences. Stay away from Denon go with the B&K. My friend loved Denon for many years, he finally bought the Ref 50S2 and the matching 7channel B&k amp. He can 't stop talking about it. Good luck. Remember stay away from Darenon. Anel

Randy C Sr

Stunt Coordinator
The Ref 50 is the way to go. I went from the Ref 20 to the 50. The sound quality is excellent. Music has depth and detail. Movie sound tracks are also excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks