Denon 3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Frank Zimmerman, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Frank Zimmerman

I just called tweeter checking on my 3805, they told me that delivery date was pushed back to the 3-18-04.. They will be recieving 116 of the 3805's............Killing me........... LOL............

2. GregoriusM

GregoriusM Second Unit

The anticipation is half of the fun!

You're going to love it when you get it, if it lives up to its expectations!

Full report in this thread when you get it??? Pls?

3. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

That's consistent with the dates given by several dealers around NM, too. I'm looking foward to checking it out.

DJ

4. CurtisC

CurtisC Second Unit

After the pile of 1-2k avr's I have had piled up in my floor the 3803 is a prize,the 3805 looks promising.

5. CurtisC

CurtisC Second Unit

After the pile of 1-2k avr's I have had piled up in my floor the 3803 is a prize,the 3805 is looks promising.

6. Todd^B

Todd^B Stunt Coordinator

I hear an echo...

What is the going price on the 3805? Will it be msrp? I am very interested in how they perform.

And...will the upgrades on the 3805 be worth the extra couple hundred dollars compared to the 3803?

7. GregoriusM

GregoriusM Second Unit

Hmmmmmmmmm... I didn't realize that Denon was coming out with the 3805 in Gun Metal Silver until I was browsing the site today.

But, as I was browsing the site, I noticed that the front display has a slightly different makeup on the picture of the silver one than the black one.

Is the silver picture newer? I don't remember seeing it on there before. But also notice that the area showing the top of the receiver is basically "gray-washed".

So, is this the new face of the receivers, or is the black one the correct one?

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Black Denon 3805

Silver Denon 3805

Greg

8. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

Just took a look at those pics and noticed that that front garage door panel looks exactly like the one on the Yamaha RX-V2400... nice! I didn't like the 3803 because it had all those buttons on the front, and preferred the clean look of the RX-V2400 with the garage door closed.

9. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

The MSRP is $1,199 not including the Mics. I suspect the pricing for the 3805 will be the same as the 3803.

It's a receiver I'm considering as well.