Denon 3805 remote

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Shiu, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

I have the 3805 for about a week and am having problem with the remote. Within the first day, the back lit lights for the "source" inputs selection (DVD,CD,VCR1.....etc.) suddenly turned off. I could still select the sources by pushing the buttons blindly but I could not get the back lit on.

A day later, I picked up the remote and the back lit lights came back on. This lasted for about about 5 days, then it happened again yesterday. I may find it working again when I get home after work tonight. Has anyone else experienced this? Any helps will be much appreciated. When the back lit lights (again, only the source inputs selection ones) are gone, the "source" button shows a single arrow and instead a double arrow when it is working.

Thank you in advance.

2. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

I have the 3805 for about a week and am having problem with the remote. Within the first day, the back lit lights for the "source" inputs selection (DVD,CD,VCR1.....etc.) suddenly turned off. I could still select the sources by pushing the buttons blindly but I could not get the back lit on.

A day later, I picked up the remote and the back lit lights came back on. This lasted for about about 5 days, then it happened again yesterday. I may find it working again when I get home after work tonight. Has anyone else experienced this? Any helps will be much appreciated. When the back lit lights (again, only the source inputs selection ones) are gone, the "source" button shows a single arrow and instead a double arrow when it is working.

Thank you in advance.

3. Sam>C

Sam>C Extra

While I have not heard of this specific problem with the remote I have seen many other posts on this and other board with general remote problems. I would take the remote back to where it was purchased and have them replace it.

4. Sam>C

Sam>C Extra

While I have not heard of this specific problem with the remote I have seen many other posts on this and other board with general remote problems. I would take the remote back to where it was purchased and have them replace it.

5. Robbie_S

Robbie_S Auditioning

I had a similar problem with my remote after about a week. I replaced the batteries and it has not had a problem since. Good luck. (If at first you don't succeed, check the batteries)
    Robbie

6. Robbie_S

Robbie_S Auditioning

I had a similar problem with my remote after about a week. I replaced the batteries and it has not had a problem since. Good luck. (If at first you don't succeed, check the batteries)
    Robbie

7. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

Robbie, I called tech support and they also told me to replace batteries. I put new Dura cells in it and it didn't fix the problem. I am going to bring it back and ask for a replacement. Thanks anyway.

8. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

Robbie, I called tech support and they also told me to replace batteries. I put new Dura cells in it and it didn't fix the problem. I am going to bring it back and ask for a replacement. Thanks anyway.