What's new

Denon 3805 problem (1 Viewer)

ray_i

Auditioning
I just got a denon 3805 from one of the online retailer. after I set everything up I notice that I have to crank up the volume knob pretty high in order to get a decent amount a sound coming out, I had a 3802 with the same setup and it nothing like it at all. Is my product defective??

John S

Senior HTF Member
Probably not, as long as it does get as loud as you need it and is still clean it is most likely fine and dandy.

The volume control is pretty arbitrary, no standards or anything on them. Two exact same models could be about the same, but from model to model even in the same line I just can't see it being any issue at all.

LarryR

Agent
I also have a Denon 3805 and have just finished doing the set-up, using both the Denon Mic and RadioShacks sound meter. Unless you are near or at the upper limit of increasing the sound, I don't understand why you are concerned where the knob is. Please clarify.:b

H

Hank

Isn't the volume readout on the 3805 set digital. I mean -55 is low and +1 is very high. This is how my Denon 5700 is setup, I believe it's called reference level adjustments. It's probably no big deal.

LarryR

Agent
Hank,
Yes, the readout is digital. If he is at the extremes at either end, there is something wrong. Denon has a fairly good tech support, though at times you need to leave a message for them to call back. If he is at the high volume extreme, he should call them and determine what is wrong. Let us all know what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks