What's new

Denon 3803 (1 Viewer)

JohnChu

Stunt Coordinator
ok.. sorry I am new to this.. I just bought an denon 3803.... and when I play a Dolby Digital or DTS DVD .. on the display of the receiver it doesn't have the (The Signal) Dolby Digital or the DTS turn on... it's on auto...I am using the mode DTS NEO 6

John

Vincent_S

Second Unit
Did you select Dolby Digital or DTS in your DVD menu? (ie. that start menu of the movie you are trying to watch)

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
If you have the DVD player hooked up digitally, and if you have the player setup correctly (many units ship with the DTS output permanently turned off. You have to go into the player's (NOT the disc's) setup menu and make sure DTS is switched on) and the input mode on the Denon is set to AUTO, then yes, the receiver will set itself correctly.

Many of us prefer DTS because theorectically, it can sound better. (It uses less compression than DD.) But in reality, I often struggle with hearing any clear-cut difference. Bottom line is that both are peachy to my ears...

JohnChu

Stunt Coordinator
How come when I put on DTS .. the talking come from the back? and when I change it to Dolby Digital the talking come from the centre speaker .. So how do I change it to DTS with talking in the centre speaker? ...does this have to do with my DVD player or the receiver?

John S

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea.. I have never seen DTS make dialog come from the rear ever. Could be an issue with this particular DVD perhaps???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks