What's new

denon 3803 (1 Viewer)

tom heinisch

Auditioning
During the play of dvd movies at times its difficult to hear the dialog. When I put it louder, other surrond effects get to loud. During the set up mode should I make the center speaker louder instead of matching the noise levels with all the other speakers.? thanks for your help.

Mario D

Grip
Yes you should adjust the center channel only,it sometimes happens that some movies require minor adjustments,sometimes its the surround channels, sometimes the center,You'll get used to it.Tweaking to get the ultimate sound

Mario D

Grip
You should make all test tones as equal as possible with an spl meter is possible. Then when watching movies you can adjust as you like.

tom heinisch

Auditioning
From what I understand, you are telling me to keep the test tones from each speaker the same with the spl meter. I then need to adjust the noise level by making adjustments. My question is what adjustments can I make.? I understand that I can change the effects what else or how can I tweak. thanks again.

Mario D

Grip
Hi Tom : Here's what I do,I set the system up with an spl meter with minimum 75 to 80 db.Thats with the test tones.That set up give you equal pressure level from all speakers or same volume if you like. Now while watching movies as you said the center channel was not loud enough,now even though you set your system up properly it does not mean that the producer of that perticular movie or the guy mixing the sound track hears it the same as you do.So this is where the tweaking come in.While watching your movie or tv or listening to cd's you can fine tune your system to your liking by pressing the big round button on the bottom of the remote and add a few db. You can access all the channels by pressing repeatingly the round and adjust with the two side button. Good Luck have fun.

Mario D

Grip
Hi Tom : Here's what I do,I set the system up with an spl meter with minimum 75 to 80 db.Thats with the test tones.That set up give you equal pressure level from all speakers or same volume if you like. Now while watching movies as you said the center channel was not loud enough,now even though you set your system up properly it does not mean that the producer of that particular movie or the guy mixing the sound track hears it the same as you do.So this is where the tweaking come in.While watching your movie or tv or listening to cd's you can fine tune your system to your liking by pressing the big round button on the bottom of the remote and add a few db. You can access all the channels by pressing repeatedly the round button and adjust with the two side button. Good Luck have fun.:)

tom heinisch

Auditioning
Mario I appreciate your help, my wife keeps complaining about how loud the unit needs to be, to here the dialog, and how it wakes my son up.thanks again I will try your directions right away.

Mario D

Grip
You have a wonderful piece of equipment in the Denon 3803 I now have had mine for two weeks and totally love it.Glad I could help you and your wife. Happy listening . :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks