Denon 3803 with Def Tech BP7001SC

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Andrew Pezzo, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

I currently have the 3803, 110 watts a channel, and is considering getting the new Def Tech towers (the smaller of the 2). I was wondering if my receiver is ok to handle these speakers? 2 different dealers in my area gave me 2 completely different answers so now I am wondering who is correct.

I have a great relationship with the dealer so I can get them for a great price and dont want to let the opportunity pass by. However if I will be underpowering them I cant afford to get an amp for a couple of years. Maybe a pair of outlaw M blocks but I dont want to add any costs since the BP7001sc's plus matching center will set me back a bit.

2. WarrenHH

WarrenHH Agent

Andrew, according to the Def Tech website, the amp should be 20-600 amps. You should be ok.

Don't be afraid to call Def Tech, they have always been helpful to me in the past and honest with the answers.

I have looked at the 7000sc's myself, heard them at CES, but would like to hear them more b4 I would buy them. Problem is that they are expensive and none of the dealers around here will stock them. [​IMG]

Best of luck.

Warren Holm

3. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

I actually just got a reply for Def Tech (Chet). I want to get as many opinions as possible. Now I just have to convice my soon to be wife that they arent to big for a 2 bedroom condo (I am trying to find excuses to buy a house and these speakers could help that)[​IMG]

4. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

5. WarrenHH

WarrenHH Agent