What's new

Denon 3803 Vs Marantz 7300ose (1 Viewer)

BarOr

Stunt Coordinator
In your opinion what should i buy the refurb Denon for 530$
(www+ecost+com/ecost/shop/detail+asp?DPNo=132913) or Marantz 7300ose for 770$(accessories4less+com) ?.
The 3803 has 7.1 while the 7300ose has 6.1(that doesn't bother me much) , but with the 7300ose you update your receiver from the internet (by RS-232) plus it look better.
What do you think?

+ instead .

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The OSE is discontinued, and the likelihood of there being any significant updates released for it are very slim. In terms of amplification, I'd give the OSE a slight edge, as it has a very nice power supply. In terms of music, I'd give the OSE the nod as well, which is why I am a fan of Marantz. For HT, the Denon has more options and I'd give it a slight advantage. In terms of build quality, the copper clad, double bottom chassis, gold plated in/outputs, remote, etc... are superior with the OSE. The OSE has outputs to be run in a 7.1 setup with external amplification.

If you want to save $$, the 3803 should work just fine, though I have never dealt with ecost. I HAVE purchased from AC4L, and I can say I have not had problems with them or the gear ordered from them. If you want the better of the two, IMO, the OSE is it.

Milt

Grip
I wondered the same thing a few years ago, I demoed a 3802 vs a Marantz sr8000, to me the lack of pro logic2 wasn't a deal breaker as I feel the marantz in pro-logic was good enough but in music listening it was oh so sweet. I now have a 7300ose, moved the 8000 to the bedroom. I upgraded my speakers to Von Schweikert LCR15s 3 fronts with the 7300ose and their sub the vr-s1, and 2 lcr15 with the 8000 in the bedroom. This is a great pairing and the sound from each is what I was looking for as there is no drop off from room to room. The Marantz to me are better sounding than Denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks