What's new

Denon 3803 Video Up Conversion (1 Viewer)

Anthony_Br

Agent
Does anyone know how to activate the component video up conversion, or does the receiver do it on its own? I was just wondering because I believe that I have everything set correctly yet my picture when watching cable or DVD's (which is hooked up S-video) does not seem any different than before I had the denon 3803. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Many thanks in advance!

mackie

Supporting Actor
Go to System set-up menu and select video setup. Make sure your input mode for your source is set to auto.

You have to use componet cables to make the connection from your componet out jacks on the receiver to the component in jacks on your tv.

Anthony_Br

Agent
Yeah I have my reciever hooked up to my TV with component video cables and I think that I have everything set to auto. But I will check that kast thing to make sure. Thanks.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor

The upconversion will not improve the quality. It is only for convience of only having one wire going to your TV.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
exactly. the "up" part is a bit of a misnomer. "conversion" is all the receiver will do.

were you really expecting to be able to discern a difference between S-video and component if it really did UPconvert it, anyway, anthony?

Anthony_Br

Agent
Actually, I was, I have some things hooked up s video and some component, and yes I can tell some difference. It is not earth shattering or ground breaking. But certain color things I can see a small difference on.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
unless there's a good reason, a direct connection to your tv, in whatever "format" that may be, will still be better than routing and/or converting through your receiver

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks