Denon 3803 trigger out to B&K 7270 Control In

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Anbin, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Anbin

Anbin Auditioning

Hi this is my first post and I want to thank you all experts since I learned a lot from here during past several months.
    I currently use the denon 3803 as a pre/pro to feed the b&k
    7270 II which drives klipsch reference 7 series speakers all around. I usually leave the denon 3803 in standby mode and turn everything alse off. I recently read some posts
    here saying the best way to run the amp is to use the
    trigger to turn it on/off with the pre/pro in which case
    my denon 3803. Since both denon 3803 and b&k 7270 have the
    trigger out and control in I think I can give it a try.
    The setup is pretty easy. I used an audio cable with 3.5
    miniplug on both ends to connect the denon 3803's trigger
    out to the b&k 7270's control in and went through all the
    settings on the denon trigger out setup menu. Then I turned
    on the denon 3803 and switched to the DVD which I setup
    to turn on the denon 3803's trigger out but it didn't turn the amp on. I rechecked all the connection and settings to
    make sure everything is all right according the user's manual but still no luck.
    I hope somebody can help me to figure out what's wrong?
    The denon 3803 trigger out is marked DC 12 Volt 20 mA max and the b&k 7270 control in states that the voltage range
    is between 5-24 DC or AC but it doesn't mention the current
    number. I wonder if the current number matters here. Maybe
    the b&k 7270 needs a little bit more current? If that's the case please suggest an AC-DC adpter which can be used
    as a trigger to the b&k 7270.

Thanks all
    Anbin

2. Anbin

Anbin Auditioning

Hi this is my first post and I want to thank you all experts since I learned a lot from here during past several months.
    I currently use the denon 3803 as a pre/pro to feed the b&k
    7270 II which drives klipsch reference 7 series speakers all around. I usually leave the denon 3803 in standby mode and turn everything alse off. I recently read some posts
    here saying the best way to run the amp is to use the
    trigger to turn it on/off with the pre/pro in which case
    my denon 3803. Since both denon 3803 and b&k 7270 have the
    trigger out and control in I think I can give it a try.
    The setup is pretty easy. I used an audio cable with 3.5
    miniplug on both ends to connect the denon 3803's trigger
    out to the b&k 7270's control in and went through all the
    settings on the denon trigger out setup menu. Then I turned
    on the denon 3803 and switched to the DVD which I setup
    to turn on the denon 3803's trigger out but it didn't turn the amp on. I rechecked all the connection and settings to
    make sure everything is all right according the user's manual but still no luck.
    I hope somebody can help me to figure out what's wrong?
    The denon 3803 trigger out is marked DC 12 Volt 20 mA max and the b&k 7270 control in states that the voltage range
    is between 5-24 DC or AC but it doesn't mention the current
    number. I wonder if the current number matters here. Maybe
    the b&k 7270 needs a little bit more current? If that's the case please suggest an AC-DC adpter which can be used
    as a trigger to the b&k 7270.

Thanks all
    Anbin

3. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Maybe you already looked into this, but did you press the trigger enable button on the back of the 7270? Also the power switch of the 7270 needs to be in the on position. I know it sounds silly but just thought I'd mention. I have been able to switch my 7250 on with just a 12v Ratshack adapter hooked to the back of my 3802s additional power outlet.

4. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Maybe you already looked into this, but did you press the trigger enable button on the back of the 7270? Also the power switch of the 7270 needs to be in the on position. I know it sounds silly but just thought I'd mention. I have been able to switch my 7250 on with just a 12v Ratshack adapter hooked to the back of my 3802s additional power outlet.

5. Anbin

Anbin Auditioning

Thank you Yogi,

I did try to put 7270 switch in the on position and it didn't work either. I didn't find the trigger enable button
    on the back of the 7270. Could you please point me the
    position where the button locates.

Anbin

6. Anbin

Anbin Auditioning

Thank you Yogi,

I did try to put 7270 switch in the on position and it didn't work either. I didn't find the trigger enable button
    on the back of the 7270. Could you please point me the
    position where the button locates.

Anbin

7. Mark All

Mark All Second Unit

If the above doesn't work, on the 3803 the setup menu by default has the trigger out signal turned off for all of the listening modes. Go into the setup menus and find the trigger out control menu function. Change all of the modes to "on" and the 7270 should turn on once it receives the signal. I had the exact same problem using my 3803 with a Rotel amp.

8. Mark All

Mark All Second Unit

If the above doesn't work, on the 3803 the setup menu by default has the trigger out signal turned off for all of the listening modes. Go into the setup menus and find the trigger out control menu function. Change all of the modes to "on" and the 7270 should turn on once it receives the signal. I had the exact same problem using my 3803 with a Rotel amp.

9. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

I take that back Anbin. I looked up the manual for the 7270 (online) and it doesn't have that button that my 7250 has for trigger control. I suppose they got rid of it in the 7270. I would try what Mark says. My 3802 didn't have that feature so I dont know about having to turn on the trigger out on the 3803.

Best of luck.

10. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

I take that back Anbin. I looked up the manual for the 7270 (online) and it doesn't have that button that my 7250 has for trigger control. I suppose they got rid of it in the 7270. I would try what Mark says. My 3802 didn't have that feature so I dont know about having to turn on the trigger out on the 3803.

Best of luck.

11. Anbin

Anbin Auditioning

Hi Mark,
    I already went through the trigger out setup menu on my
    3803 and set the dvd, cd, tuner, and vcr1 "on" and left the other "off". Do you think I have to set all "on"?

I will try it when I get home tonight.

Anbin

12. Anbin

Anbin Auditioning

Hi Mark,
    I already went through the trigger out setup menu on my
    3803 and set the dvd, cd, tuner, and vcr1 "on" and left the other "off". Do you think I have to set all "on"?

I will try it when I get home tonight.

Anbin