What's new

Denon 3803/Sherbourn1500/A Issue (1 Viewer)

I am looking to purchase a Sherbourn 5/1500A to go with my Denon 3803. I read on another H/T forum that the Sherbourn should be kept at a distance from the Denon due to the fact that the Sherbourn generates strong electromagnetic fields that can cause interference with other components that are too close.

I have my gear housed in a Salamander Synergy twin unit cabinet so the Denon will be on one side and the Sherbourn on the other. Is there any problem with placing each component side by side?

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Steve, I wouldn't think the Sherbourn amp would be much different than any other amp in this regard.

Try and set it up the way you want.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
IMO you should never place anything directly on top of a power amplifier (or receiver). Not only do amps generate electro-magnetic (EM) fields that extend beyond the chassis (even if shielded), most power amps also generate a fair amount of heat and need space for ventilation. About 1-2 inches should be enough to avoid EM interference, but 4-6 inches may be necessary for proper ventilation of an amp that runs warm.

jason-celaya

Agent
Before I had my B&K Ref 50 I had a 3802 as a pre amp, as long as you do not have it on a shelf you should be fine (not placed on the amp itself). The Sherbourn is no different than any other amp (actually 0 interference unlike the Denon POA 5200 it replaced)

You'll love the power BTW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks